Sunday, March 15, 2009

public service announcement #1

So this wasn't exactly what i had in mind for my first entry back on the blogging wagon, but it is something that i've had happen recently and it is still bothering me.
I realized the other day that i have become far too comfortable on the internet and forgotten about how the internet can be a dangerous place and you really shouldn't EVER let your guard down. I recently had someone start IM'ing me(and then Email me!) from the most innocent of places and well it kinda left me with a yucky taste in my mouth, and well from those who i talked to about it, well a really bad panic attack....I'm sure it was probably nothing and i'm sure it was innocent, but nonetheless there are weirdo's out there and we should be mindful of that. It also reminded me to once again talk to my daughters about the internet and why there are rules and how we should use it, etc...
*and i will step down off my soapbox now, thankyou*

1 comment:

  1. You are totally right. Luckily you caught on before anything else could happen. Glad that you're alright.

    ReplyDelete